- Americus, GA: This rift spews dinosours! Every new moon opens a rift to the Cretaceous period of ancient earth.
- Jonesboro, LO: This must go waaaaay back in history. The landscape it reveals is a magma filled, sulfuric atmosphere pre earth. Whats the draw? The few brave explorers who have returned have brought back oracalcum chunks bigger than most pets!
- Pittsburgh, PA: The rift here is the domain of an insanly powerful Spirit o’ Man, it opens seemingly randomly.
- Crewe, VA: An interdimentional rift. The vortex here crosses similarly with Americus. However, imagine a world where dinosausrs didn’t become extinct and evolved. Cold blooded cretures are the seincent species and live in a brutal, competative world.
- Lazlo, Free State of Lazlo: The heart of the city is built around a small stable rift. Although only active rarely, the magic given off is so pronounced that mundane cretures can cross into the astral plane directly! The gate remains open for 8-12 hours, leaving enough time to explore if foolhardy enough.
- Kewanee, Il: The Rift here simply opens to random places on earth. imprcatical, and every once in a while dangrous. Once, it opened in some ocean location, spewing unwary travelers like a firehose, concusing every last one of em!
- Mobridge, SD: This rift is an anomoly. Instead of opening to a terrestrial location, which is the golden rule, this seems to open to the moons surface. While open, it reveals an alien hatch in the riverbed while the river is diverted…
- Silicon Valley, CA: This seems to lead to a strange alternate(?) future with towering, maddening machine architecture. The area seems totally subterranian, any explorers who mapped and came back recorded no life and no way out of the tunnels.
- Ord, NE: Seemingly a bleak future, the land is scared and dusty. The sun has grown huge in the sky and is a dirty red color. Any worth here is deeply hidden, and requires deep exploration.
Most Rifts are level 2 powersites.